Here are some of the more common reasons Google may filter out a review for your business even if it
was a legitimate review.
- There are URLs in your reviews
- Duplicate review - appears elsewhere online (Yelp, on your website testimonials page, etc)
- The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
- The person who wrote the review works for you
- The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
- The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
- The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one Jan 1st and it got filtered so they tried again on February 1st)
- You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
- The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
- The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
- You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
- You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
- You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
- Your number of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.